Friday, June 18, 2021

I'm Still Here



Greetings. I am alive and well even though it has been well over a year since I last updated my blog. Well I never followed a regular posting schedule anyway, only as the mood struck me. This pandemic just takes the stuffing out of one, eh? I’ve more or less stayed cooped up home like most Americans and only lately have I been foraging out and about.

So what have you been up to during this pandemic? I have been refining my practices, reading some new material, watching a few horror TV shows (sadly most of which suck!), occasionally playing my new Xbox One my daughter & son-in-law got for me last Yule, dealing with clients, dealing with a lot of family members going in and out of the hospital (non-Covid related) for one thing or another, and trying to keep my head under the radar is about all.

By the way, if you run into any spiritual trouble or need a spiritual boost in any way, give me a shout. My rates are reasonable and while I am often booked in advance for work, many cases get resolved quickly.

Yes, I have made progress on my new sorcery book. The book is going to be more of a primer so no big secrets to speak of however I think I may create further material later on for future books which will be more in-depth. I’ve thought about doing an omnibus type of book where I include an overview but since I already did that, I think this time it would serve the student better if I help them with digestive bites of information instead of trying to just dump a ton of info on their lap and let them sift through it to see if the student can make sense of it.

While I have kicked the idea around about a Sorcerer’s course, I’m not certain what platform to use to launch it from. I have an inordinate amount of material I’ve accumulated over the decades and I’d like to pass all of this knowledge and wisdom on to someone who is interested in learning well as doing. My course would end with students getting initiated in person.

~o0o~

Pro Tip: I was kvetching to an ethnic friend of mine who is also a sorcerer, about how old candles of mine which may not get used right away are a real pain to get the dust off of. She said to use a used woman’s knee high stocking and it will clean the dust off without harming the candle. So, I tried her tip and it worked.  Made the wax look practically new again. Then it was quite easy apply oils - should I want to do so.

2 comments:

  1. I appreciate your whole update, but I admit I am dying to know: which horror TV shows *didn't* suck? I feel like you'd have a qualified opinion and I have been wondering lately what spooky media might be fun to check out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings. Well I feel most of them suck for the simple reason the creators of these films seem to ignore the fact that all ghosts and spirits are subject to certain spiritual rules. These beings are not all powerful but even with limitations, The other thing is directors continually rely on the old tropes for instilling fear. Tropes such as some9one tripping/falling when being chased; doors can't be opened; and the victims ALWAYS rely on some minister or priest at some point.

    I'm still a fan of the original "House On Haunted Hill" and more recently, Stephen King's "Rose Red". *shrugs* Still, I'd much rather watch a poorly made horror film than any reality show anyday.

    ReplyDelete